Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The strong beat in retail sales earlier has been supporting the US Dollar, which keeps reaching new highs against major crosses.
- We previously saw that preference for the USD could continue in the near to medium as the Fed taper nears; US policymakers are expected to announce the beginning of the tapering in November for a December start (consensus views 15USD reduction in asset purchases every month).
- Hence, the 'contraction of liquidity' could lead to further appreciation in the USD, which would continue to support US equities relative to other (DM/EM) equity markets.
- The chart below shows that US stocks (SPY) generally outperform the rest of the world equities (VEU) when USD rises broadly.