Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US TSYS SUMMARY: Treasuries ended Friday mixed, flatter into month-end,
qtr-end, Jpn half-yrend. Quiet afternoon after morning selloff on strong 65.2
MNI Chicago Business Barometer read. Rates sold off too as WSJ said Pres Trump
met Thu w/ former Fed Gov Kevin Warsh about Fed chair post. Chances of Warsh
frontrunner for post rose last few days to 47%. MBS reversed gain on premise
Warsh would favor faster Fed balance sheet unwind; equities gained.
- Moderate 2way w/short-cover/dip buys on core +0.1% August PCE price inflation.
Tsy flatteners via 2s, 3s, 5s and 7s vs. 30s. Prop, fast% selling on Warsh item
then misc buying/position square as mkt recovered. Desks eyed late month end
- Tsys drifted off low on Fed Harker, who tho still eyed 3rd hike, said no Dec
"magic", can wait, favors more inflation data.
- Tsy futures: 2:49pm ET block buy of 9,500 in FVZ 5Y futures, sell thru done at
117-17; and 2:58 pm buy of 4,021 UXZ 10Y Ultra futures. Spain's Catalonia
independence referendum Sun. TSYS 3pm ET: 2Y 1.479; 3Y 1.612%; 5Y 1.923%; 7Y
2.159%; 10Y 2.323%, 30Y 2.855%.