Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Cash Tsys have closed early for the largest rally since March 2020 on the newly-identified Omicron Covid variant.
- It was led by the belly, with the 2Y yield -14.0bps at 0.500%, the 5Y -18.3bps at 1.160%, 10Y -16.3bps at 1.471% and 30Y -13.8bps at 1.821%. This has completely unwound the sell-off earlier this week on the accelerated taper and earlier Fed hike theme.
- A flight to safety saw 10Y USTs outperform Europe, with the 16bp rally vs 14.5bps in Gilts, 8.7bps in Bunds and 8bps in Oats.
- TYZ1 futures closed an hour earlier, increasing sharply on the day by 1-12+ to 131-07 on high volumes, having broken the 50-day EMA of 131-05+ and then running up to the first resistance level of 131-08 (Nov 19 high).
- Separately, the S&P500 closed down -2.3% whilst oil continues to slump with WTI -13.1% and Brent -11.6%.
- The macro focus next week is Powell testifying on Tue and Wed before non-farm payrolls for Nov on Fri.
- These are particularly pertinent as money markets have pushed back the second 25bp hike and questions arise whether the Fed will slow rather than accelerate the pace of tapering at the Dec 15 meeting.