Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Towards the end of last year, MNI Techs highlighted a key trendline resistance in GBPUSD.
- This trendline, drawn off the 2007 high, had remained intact until December where it was breached following a move above 1.3372.
- A strong monthly close in December reinforced the bullish breakout and so far this year, price has remained above the trendline - it currently intersects at 1.3322.
- These developments highlight a reversal of the downtrend that has been in place since the Nov 2007 highs.
- For full analysis please see this report Cable breaches trendline , which discusses the implications of the trendline break.