Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
US TSYS SUMMARY: *** Tsy futures trading weaker heading into the 5Y note
auction, well off first half lows to near middle session range into midday on
heavy volume (TYZ>1.60M); 10Y yld holding above 2.4% at 2.4335% at moment vs.
2.4736% session high.
- Tsys traded weaker w/Bunds on the open (pressure from Germany 10Y issuance and
firmer German Ifo data and weaker UK Gilts after UK GDP data). Stronger US$ vs.
Yen earlier (114.112) added to selling. Otherwise, sidelined accts ahead Thu ECB
policy/taper annc and word from U.S. pres on Fed chair appt (chatter from
Politico item, may not hear appt this week).
- Rates made new lows post Sep durable goods new orders +2.2%, stops triggered
on way down after brief fast$ buying, corporate debt and pre-auction short
setting weighed; real$, bank and insurance portfolio selling subsided by
- Rebound in Yen vs. US$ helped reverse rate sell-off as did steep sell-off in
U.S. equities, several decent sell-programs noted amid talk of asset allocation
out of stocks into equities as ylds vs. dividends debated.