Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Tsys weaker but off midmorning lows by the closing bell. Following German Bund lead initially, sell-off in Tsys continued, 10Y futures falling through a couple levels of technical support:
- Dec 10Y fell to new session low of 132-20.5 (-14.5), next support 132-12 -- 0.764 projection of the Aug 4/11/17 price swing. Break reinforces a bearish theme and suggests potential for a deeper sell-off. A resumption of weakness would open 132-12, a Fibonacci projection. Next support if sell-off really accelerates: 131-27+ 1.00 proj of the Aug 4 - 11 - 17 price swing.
- Moderate volumes, TYZ>1.29M, position adjustments ahead next week's FOMC (dealers talking up November taper announcement), tight stops triggered, option and incoming Tsy supply selling added to move.
- Eurodollar highlight: >+50,000 EDZ4 (Blue Dec'24) 98.535 helped future lead volume across the strip at just over 200k (adds to Wed's +40,000 EDZ4 from 98.61 to .615).
- Likely unwinding short leg of over 50,000 Green/Blue Dec spds bought/blocked on June 22 at .435 (smaller around .385 this week). Additional EDZ'4 associated spds include EDZ2/EDZ4 bought in good size at 1.185 around the June FOMC -- a recommendation by Morgan Stanley trading desks say, that collapsed to around 1.050 (an re-recommended as a buy).
- Large 10Y options flows ahead next week's October option expiration noted.
- By the close the 2-Yr yield is up 0.4bps at 0.2237%, 5-Yr is up 2.4bps at 0.8648%, 10-Yr is up 3.1bps at 1.3684%, and 30-Yr is up 2.5bps at 1.9084%.