Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Treasuries have bounced from overnight lows for the second consecutive European session, with the curve now bull flatter. Fed speakers (including Chair Powell) and 2Y supply are the session's focal points.
- The 2-Yr yield is down 0.8bps at 0.2464%, 5-Yr is down 1.1bps at 0.8764%, 10-Yr is down 1.9bps at 1.47%, and 30-Yr is down 2.6bps at 2.0838%.
- Sep 10-Yr futures (TY) back toward the top of the session's range, up 2.5/32 at 132-09 (L: 132-00.5 / H: 132-10) - well within Monday's range though and on merely decent volume (~315k).
- Dollar's stronger (DXY+0.2%) with stock futures consolidating after Monday's bounce.
- Fed's Powell gives congressional testimony at 1400ET; the prepared portion was released Monday but little new there vs the FOMC press conference last week.
- Other Fed speakers include NY's Williams (0925ET on BBG TV), Cleveland's Mester (1030ET) and SF's Daly (1100ET), the latter two with text and Q&A.
- In supply, 1130ET is $40B 42-day bill auction, with $60B 2Y Notes selling at 1300ET.
- Data includes existing home sales and Richmond Fed mfg at 1000ET.