June 16, 2022 14:18 GMT
TTF gas pulling back slightly after spiking up to 148.75€/MWh on the back of the disruption to Nord Stream gas supplies. TTF up 10% today to 132.35€/MWh.
- Gazprom are claiming the flow reduction is due to maintenance outages with the return of a turbine delayed in Canada due to sanctions. The German gas regulator states they “cannot confirm a causal relationship between a missing gas compressor on the Russian side and the large supply reduction.”
- The German regulator are monitoring the situation very closely and is in constant contact with the companies in the gas industry. Companies missing deliveries can procure these volumes elsewhere on the market
- Gas is still being put into storage now, although at a slightly lower rate due to the higher gas prices.
- Current storage levels at the storage facilities in Germany are 55.95%.
- The German Gas Regulator expressly supports the call to save as much gas as possible.