Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGBS: Tuesday's afternoon session saw futures move to fresh session lows after
edging lower in the morning session. 10-Year paper experienced some modest
underperformance in cash trade. This came after the contract was rejected above
the May/Mar highs in overnight trade, with the breakdown of the latest 20-Year
auction a little softer than its predecessor, even though the low price met exp.
- As a reminder, 20-Year paper looked little rich in Z-spread & ASW terms when
compared to 30-Year paper.
- Little reaction to comments from Japanese FinMin Aso who revealed that Japan
will compile a second additional budget for 2018/19 with focus on mitigating the
effects of the recent natural disasters and the scheduled 2019 sales tax hike.
- Little reaction in the space as BoJ Gov. Kuroda noted that he believes current
MonPol settings will bring about inflation in Japan. Kuroda also noted that the
"possibility of reaching the inflation target in FY2020 is low."
- Focus on Japanese CPI data & BoJ Rinban ops due later this week.