Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Finance Ministry economist Lukasz Czernicki mentioned in an interview that Poland’s deficit will probably be below 4% this year (as % of GDP), versus 5.3% previously estimated.
- Yesterday, the NBP rose its policy rate by 50bps to 1.75% (as expected).
- NBP commented in its statement that the scope of the tightening cycle will depend on data, which leaves PLN vulnerable as it increases the uncertainty over policy outlook.
- Weaker growth expectations imply slower pace while rising inflationary pressures suggest bigger hikes.
- As a reminder, inflation came in higher than expected in November at 7.7% YoY (vs. 7.3%), up from 6.8% the previous month and diverging significantly from the NBP 3.5% upper tolerance band.