Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
JGB futures coiled in overnight trade, going out at unchanged levels even as the U.S. Tsy curve was subjected to some modest bullish flattening pressure, with little in the way of major macro headline flow observed.
- On the COVID front, Monday saw the U.S. issue a do not travel advisory re: Japan, a mere 2 months ahead of the scheduled opening of the Tokyo Olympics
- Reports in the Yomiuri have noted that Japan will extend the life of its zero-interest loan programme.
- Tuesday's local docket will be headlined by machine tool orders data and a liquidity enhancement auction for off-the-run JGBs with 5- to 15.5-Years until maturity.
- The proximity to Thursday's 40-Year JGB auction may limit the longer end of the curve.