Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
US TSYS SUMMARY: US Treasuries are trading mixed having bounced off early
European morning session lows with yield curve modestly flatter as UK inflation
surprisingly falls and Eurozone HICP is revised lower. US 10-yr yield is close
to US closing level at 2.8285% having traded in a range of between 2.8212% to
2.8396% so far Wednesday.
- It was another relatively sedate Asian session for US Tsys, with a report
suggesting that Mike Pompeo travelled to North Korea to meet with Kim Jong Un
keeping a lid on Tsys. T-notes operated in a 3+ tick range.
- T-note future slipped lower weighed by soft opening in German Bunds, however a
positive opening in UK gilts and recovering in Bunds saw the future regain lost
- A large 2s/10s flattener trade going through futures (11,498 TUM8 @ 106-03+ vs
4,217 UXYM8 @ 128-31 at 0844:54BST) then supported recovery in the long end
while the short end remained in negative territory.
- Swap spreads are modestly tighter while breakevens are little changed.
- Attention now turns to US MBS mortgage applications and BOC rate decision.