Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
DOLLAR-CANADA: USD/CAD last seen at C$1.3451, a touch lower on the day, after
closing 12 pips higher Thursday. The pair ebbed lower in the European morning,
as stronger WTI aided CAD, but bounced from worst levels, as BoC Dep Gov
Patterson said that the BoC needs more time, in what she called a longer detour
than expected, before the Bank's policy rate should change.
- Canadian PM Trudeau held a press conference today, addressing the SNC-Lavalin
scandal. He admitted that the political crisis triggered an "erosion of trust,"
but denied that there ever was any inappropriate pressure on the then-AG
- Bears target the upper 1.0% 10-DMA envelope at C$1.3431 before challenging the
cloud top at C$1.3392. Conversely, bulls look for a break above the upper
Bollinger band (2%) at C$1.3461, which would allow them to set their sights on
the Jan 4 high of C$1.3496.
- Canadian labour mkt data comes out later today.