Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
CHINA YUAN: USD/CNH deals 300 or so pips lower on the day at CNH6.8385 at
writing, back from session lows of CNH6.8168, with the pair having a look back
above the 200-DMA which is located at CNH6.8370.
- Initial CNH strength came on the back of the developments at the Trump-Xi
meeting held over the weekend, although we do not see anything substantive in
the details, and are of the opinion that the temporary truce can be seen as a
"can kick" (see POV: PROGRESS, BUT NOTHING TO WRITE HOME ABOUT at 22:51 06/30
- USD/CNH 1- & 3- month risk reversals seemingly indicate a similar thought
process, they have eased below their respective June lows, but still sit well
above levels witnessed in early May.
- A less than inspiring round of official Chinese PMI readings were released
over the weekend, with the Caixin manufacturing PMI due in circa 15 minutes