- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: EZ Inflation, US Payrolls In Focus
USD/CNH Just Below Simple 200-Day MA
USD/CNH is not too far off Wednesday session highs, last around 6.9040/50. CNH lost around 0.2% for Wednesday's session, broadly in line with USD index trends. USD/CNH is now above the 100-day EMA (6.9038), albeit just, and is very close to the simple 200-day MA at 6.9082 (which coincided with Wednesday session highs). The CNY NEER (J.P. Morgan Index) was down a touch to 125.95, versus 126.06 from Tuesday.
- The local data calendar remains empty today. Late yesterday China urged state owned enterprises to drop the big four accounting firms form auditing processes over data leak concerns. This is keeping US-China relations in focus.
- It also came after China President XI Jinping called for greater self reliance in important technologies. This is aimed at limiting the impact of US curbs on technology exports. Russian President Putin also stated he is waiting for Xi to visit. These comments came after Putin met with China's top diplomat Wang Yi.
- Premier Li Keqiang chaired a state council meeting yesterday and stated the economy is improving, but challenges remain.
- The China Golden Dragon rose 0.26% in US trade on Wednesday, the first gain in 3 sessions. To recap, onshore equities were weaker across the board yesterday (CSI 300 off by 0.90%).
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.