Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
The greenback remained heavy as regional players assessed recent Fedspeak, which poured cold water on inflation concerns. The absence of notable news/data flow helped make this the main talking point in Asia-Pac hours. The DXY extended yesterday's losses, while USD underperformed all of its G10 peers.
- NZD outperformed at the margin, amid chatter that buy stops were cut above May 21 high of $0.7222 (per BBG). The kiwi's relative strength failed to translate into any notable bid into commodity FX space, even as BBG Commodity Index edged higher.
- JPY lagged all G10 currencies save for USD, as regional equity benchmarks firmed a tad. Gotobi Day flows may have applied some pressure to the yen.
- The PBOC set their USD/CNY mid-point at CNY6.4283, 20 pips above sell-side estimate. BBG fixing survey had a narrow range, which added to its significance. That being said, the weaker than expected fixing failed to lend support to USD/CNH, which slipped into negative territory.
- German GDP (f) & Ifo Business Survey, U.S. Conf. Board Consumer Confidence & new home sales as well as comments from Fed's Barkin, Evans & Quarles, ECB's Lane & Villeroy and BoE's Tenreyro take focus from here.