Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The greenback trades slightly softer as markets resume their overall bullish poise. Stock futures are extending their recovery, with the e-mini S&P within 15 points of the alltime highs.
- USD/JPY inched higher to touch a fresh 2021 high of Y110.21 in Asia-Pac hours, before prices faded into minor negative territory ahead of the NY crossover.
- NOK is stronger for a fourth session, with USD/NOK trading either side of the 8.50 level as a solid oil price performance underpins the currency. EUR/NOK eyes support at the 10.1276 100-dma, and a break below here would open the 10.09 50-dma and the 2021 lows of 9.8998.
- Focus turns to the Bank of England rate decision, with markets on watch for any signs of other MPC members joining outgoing Chief Economist Andy Haldane in voting for a slowdown in QE purchases. Data includes weekly US jobless claims, prelim durable goods orders and the tertiary reading for Q1 GDP.
- Speakers due Thursday include ECB's Panetta & Schnabel as well as Fed's Barkin, Bostic, Harker, Williams, Bullard and Kaplan.