Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
The kiwi edged higher in quiet Asia-Pac trade, with broader G10 FX space looking for fresh catalysts. Some may have found it reassuring, when NZ off'ls said that they haven't found any new Covid-19 cases in the community, after an infected person from Australia visited Wellington over the weekend.
- A bout of JPY sales pushed USD/JPY to a fresh 13-month high of Y111.12, but pulled back into the Tokyo fix.
- The PBOC set its central USD/CNY mid-point at CNY6.4824, virtually in line with sell-side estimate. USD/CNH inched higher, trapped within the confines of yesterday's range.
- The European docket is headlined by BoE MonPol decision, German Ifo survey as well as comments from ECB's Schnabel & Panetta.
- In the U.S., focus moves to initial jobless claims, third GDP reading, flash durable goods orders and Fedspeak from Williams, Kaplan, Barkin, Bostic & Bullard.