Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Spot USD/KRW re-opened slightly higher, catching up to yesterday's recovery in the greenback. The rate last sits +2.65 fig. at KRW1,185.95.
- On Thursday, South Korean President Moon declared 11 more areas hit by monsoon-season floods as special disaster zones.
- Concern over domestic coronavirus situation remain, after the authorities warned that Seoul is on the verge of another spike in cases.
- Bulls need a clearance of Aug 10 high of KRW1,189.10 before taking aim at Aug 3 high of KRW1,196.05. Bears watch the 50-DMA, as it is heading towards the 200-DMA creating potential for a death cross. A move under yesterday's low of KRW1,181.65 would allow bears to set their sights on Mar 5 low of KRW1,179.90.
- Looking ahead, South Korea reports trade figures for the first 20 days of August next Friday.