Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Net USD long specs continue to increase despite recent USD consolidation as rising uncertainty keeps pushing preference for the greenback.
- Net contracts rose by 7.2K to a total of 117.8K in the week ending September 7, the highest level since October 2019.
- It is interesting to see that the market has become increasingly bearish on the Australian Dollar, also referred as a 'risk-on' currency; net shorts have increased from 0 to 70.5K in the past 4 months, their highest level since September 2018.
- Investors remain cautious in the current environment as the Fed taper nears (market expecting a November announcement for a December start with 15bn USD cut every month); hence, lower liquidity could support 'safe-asset' (i.e. USD) in the medium term.