Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
USD/PHP re-opened higher and came into contact with its 50-DMA for the first time since mid-Nov, but a failure to stage a clean breach of the aforementioned moving average was followed by a pullback. The rate last trades at PHP48.06, a touch lower on the day.
- Filipino Health Ministry said that further 16 people have been diagnosed with the UK strain of coronavirus, bringing the total number of such patients in the Philippines to 17 (13 of them are still active cases).
- BBG reported that the Philippine Agriculture Dept seeks price cap on pork & chicken in Manila. Per Philippine Star, the gov't could implement a 60-day price freeze on pork, chicken, fish and vegetables in the capital region.
- A fall through the crucial PHP48.00 mark would revive the bearish case. Conversely, gains past the 50-DMA/Jan 11 & Dec 22 highs at PHP48.11/13 would give bulls some fresh momentum.
- Local trade report comes out on Wednesday, with Q4 GDP data due Thursday.