Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USD/RUB pops higher at the open, but manages to hold below 73.50.
- Slightly more pronounced move than was warranted by slightly lower oil prices just off their 9-month highs and a marginal 0.11% uptick in the DXY.
- No major observable headlines other than increased chatter about Russian hacking
- Could be markets taking some risk off the table prior to a close CBR meeting today and pre-weekend profit-taking.
- bias remains towards a hold, but a 25bp cut cannot be fully discounted.
- RUB FRA 3x6s-Mosprime spreads still showing easing in the pipeline (17.5bp), which markets expect may arise in 1Q21-2Q21 depending on how transitory the short term spike in CPI turns out to be.
- Hold would reinforce current RUB carry, but may be interpreted as growth negative given rising case numbers and delayed vaccination rollout.
- Short-term resistance at 7.556-73.6947 & 73.84