Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- USD/ZAR seen retracing early downside on a firmer greenback, having pulled away from 14.50 for a third consecutive session.
- Risk sentiment has seemingly taken a bit of a knock following a downturn in US equities in yesterday's session.
- Govt remains firm on its resolution to suspend corruption accused officials, with suspension letters due to arrive immanently before the final suspension on Monday.
- As expected, wage negotiations with unions are heating up with government hamstrung by financial difficulties and sticking with its pledge for 0% increases – increasing the likelihood of national strike action in the near-term.
- Commodities providing little support to ZAR today: gold -0.13%, platinum -0.57%.
- Intraday Sup1: 14.4247, Sup2: 14.3833, Res1: 14.4746, Res2: 14.5238