Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USD/ZAR opens lower on the back of further USD weakness at the start of the session.
- Risk sentiment seems to have recovered substantially, given firmer footing in US equities. APAC indices off to a great start (CSI300 +3%) which should also buoy the Top40.
- Virus concerns becoming louder in SA as experts warn of a shift to tighter restrictions.
- Markets will be eyeing an announcement from the Coronavirus Council meeting today for a tightening in restrictions.
- Despite somewhat lower real yields/carry following May's higher inflation print, ZAR remains a key go to in the hunt for yield.
- Sell side has noted an uptick in ZAR real money inflows on the break below 14.00, signaling increased optimism in SA markets.
- Commodities providing marginal support: gold +0.10%, platinum +0.14%.
- Intraday Sup1: 13.8140, Sup2: 13.7190, Res1: 13.8931, Res2: 13.9532