Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- USD/ZAR marginally higher at the open in line with a firmer greenback and upside in USD/CNH.
- Commodities also feeling the pinch from a firmer $, easing slightly after a bullish start to the week: Gold -0.3%, Platinum -0.97%.
- As expected, SONA didn't really move local assets as most saw the speech as a reiteration of prior goals with a few added highlights like the broadly supported social grants extension.
- Focus now shifts to the Feb24 budget for a clearer fiscal picture, looking tentatively optimistic on better than expected revenue collections.
- USD/ZAR is roughly 1.54% lower this week, dialling in on 14.50 support. Sup1: 14.6147, Sup 2: 14.50, Res1: 14.6487, Res2: 14.77