Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI Research
- About Us
UK: Vote on second reading of early election bill likely around 1820GMT (1420ET,
1920CET). Set to pass, then the focus will switch to amendments.
- As the bill will then be in committee stage, Deputy Speaker Lindsay Hoyle as
Chair of Ways and Means Committee will select amendments. Seen as more
traditionalist than Speaker Bercow, so may not select votes for 16-17 year olds
or votes for EU citizens amendments.
- Two hours allowed for committee stage, so final vote will likely take place
around 2020GMT (1620EST, 2120CET).
- Should either of the age/EU citizens amendments get through the Committee
stage and be approved by MPs, the gov't is likely to pull the early election
bill, leaving UK politics in limbo.
- Potential for SNP/Lib Dems to submit their own short early election bill to
hold an election on their terms if gov't bill is pulled.