- G10 Markets
- Fixed Income
- Foreign Exchange
- Emerging Markets
- MNI Research
- Global Macro
- Political Risk
- About Us
Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.LATEST FROM POLICY:
- G10 MarketsG10 Markets
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.Launch MNI PodcastsFixed Income FI Market AnalysisCentral Bank PreviewsFI PiEurozone/UK Bond Auction CalendarEurozone/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar US$ Credit Supply Pipeline Fixed Income Technical Analysis EGB Issuance, Redemption and Cash Flow Matrix Gilt Week Ahead
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
Real-time insight of oil & gas markets
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.LATEST FROM DATA:
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.Global Macro Central Bank PreviewsCentral Bank ReviewsBalance Sheet AnalysisInflation InsightGlobal IssuanceEurozoneUKUSOverviewGlobal Issuance CalendarsEZ/UK Bond Auction CalendarEZ/UK T-bill Auction CalendarUS Treasury Auction Calendar
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
MNI DATA FORECASTS: EZ Inflation, US Payrolls In Focus
Where Is The Low For Chinese Equities?
- In the past 9 months, we have seen that the significant deceleration in Chinese economic activity, the sharp contraction in liquidity and the government crackdown on a range of industries (education, housing, tech, gambling) have been weighing on domestic risky assets, especially equities.
- Since their peak reached in February 2021, Chinese equities have been constantly reaching lower highs (and lower lows); the Hang Seng Index is now down 25% over that period.
- As the discovery of the new variant ‘Omicron’ is likely to result in further downward revision in growth expectations, equities still remain vulnerable in the short term despite the sharp consolidation we have seen this year.
- HSI index found support slightly below the 23,506 level on Tuesday, which corresponds to the 76.4% Fibo retracement of the 21,139.30 – 31,168.30 range.
- Next support to watch on the downside stands at 22,800 (low of the LT downward trending channel), followed by 22,000.
- Key support stands at 21,139.30, which was the low reached during the March 2020 panic.
To read the full story
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Why Subscribe to
MNI is the leading providerof intelligence and analysis on the Global Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange and Energy markets. We use an innovative combination of real-time analysis, deep fundamental research and journalism to provide unique and actionable insights for traders and investors. Our "All signal, no noise" approach drives an intelligence service that is succinct and timely, which is highly regarded by our time constrained client base.
Our Head Office is in London with offices in Chicago, Washington and Beijing, as well as an on the ground presence in other major financial centres across the world.