Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The modest recovery in the USD Index posted since the end of April has raised some questions about the USD's medium-term trend following a particularly weak month for the DXY. Following the near-term bounce, 2021's winning trading strategies are nearing the point of reversal.
- The most profitable trading signals for 2021 so far are the MACD, all-in reversing Fear & Greed Indicator and the RSI. All three of these strategies appear on the cusp of closing out their short USD signals to switch to either neutral or USD buy signals.
- For the MACD strategy, the MACD line crossed above the signal line at the beginning of this month, which will trigger a buy signal in the coming few sessions.
- Similarly, for the Fear & Greed strategy, the F&G signal will soon flip above 0, flagging to cover and go long the USD Index.
- This may make Friday's Nonfarm Payrolls report even more crucial not just for policy and fundamentals, but also on technical model basis.