Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: Yesterday's FOMC MonPol decision has remained in focus, with investors
digesting the central bank's declaration that it might cut its policy rate if
outlook worsens, although not yet. USD has been the worst G10 performer,
extending yesterday's losses.
- The kiwi has outperformed in the G10 FX space after the release of NZ Q1 GDP
figures. The Y/Y print topped expectations, while the prior reading was revised
higher. Worth adding a caveat - growth held at the slowest pace in 5 years.
- Swiss franc has also gained some traction, with no single catalyst apparent.
- USD/KRW fell below its 50-DMA for the first time since March at the open, but
recovered a touch since.
- Points of note today include MonPol decisions from BoJ, BoE and Norges Bank,
UK retail sales, EZ consumer confidence and U.S. Philly Fed Survey. Speeches
from RBA Gov Lowe, ECB's de Guindos, Rehn & Enria, Norges Bank's Olsen,
Riksbank's Floden and BoE's Carney are also worth noting.