Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
- Local rates bull flattening to close out a strong week.
- 30Y outperformed -18.1bp as markets expand duration exposure. 10Y now holding below 8.70 handle.
- USD/ZAR slightly on the backfoot this morning on a firmer Greenback.
- Quiet local agenda should see global factors dominate price action - may see some profit taking after a strong week of ZAR gains.
- Softer commodities (-0.22% for gold & -0.86% platinum) and USD/CNY upside towards 6.5650 could cap USD/ZAR downside into the weekend.
- Short-term resistance coming in around 14.80-14.82.
- Cross should continue to drift lower towards 14.50 into next week should risk sentiment remain supportive to high-beta gains.