June 22, 2022 16:12 GMT
EGBs rallied strongly across the board throughout Wednesday's session.
- A sharp drop in oil prices overnight, triggered in part on global growth concerns, helped drag on yields (and equities) early.
- Though stocks rallied in the afternoon, the oil bounce alongside was relatively tame and core FI held gains.
- Gilts outperformed Bunds (despite May UK inflation slightly above expectations); the UK curve bull steepened with Germany bull flattening.
- BTP spreads opened wider but narrowed over the course of the day. GGBs underperformed.
- Attention turns to PMI data Thursday.
Closing Yields / 10-Yr Periphery EGB Spreads To Germany:
- Germany: The 2-Yr yield is down 9.3bps at 1.062%, 5-Yr is down 13.1bps at 1.421%, 10-Yr is down 13.3bps at 1.638%, and 30-Yr is down 14bps at 1.835%.
- UK: The 2-Yr yield is down 17.2bps at 2.144%, 5-Yr is down 17.4bps at 2.166%, 10-Yr is down 15.5bps at 2.499%, and 30-Yr is down 14bps at 2.731%.
- Italian BTP spread down 4.3bps at 188.4bps / Greek up 9bps at 226.4bps
Keep reading...Show less