Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The 7D SMA of daily new Covid cases continue fell below 2,900, down from 4,200 the week before (and from 28,900 on April 1st). Poland PM Morawiecki said that the country will reopen cinemas and theatres on Friday, May 21, eight days earlier than originally planned.
- On Friday, Final April CPI inflation came in at 4.3% (as Prelim) and GDP growth contracted less than expected in Q1, by -1.2% YoY (vs. -1.4% exp.).
- Yesterday, economic data showed that April core CPI came in higher than expected at 3.9% (vs. 3.7% exp. and flat from previous month).
- The 2023 breakeven inflation rate continues to trend higher, currently trading at 3.9%; hence, the bond market is currently not expecting inflationary pressures to ease in the second half of this year.
- We have seen recently that a rising number of policymakers have been expressing their concerns over inflation risks, which could lead to a rise in disagreements over the trajectory of rates in the medium term.
- Next economic data to watch are Average Gross Wages and Employment growth on May 20.