Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
FOREX: A broader risk-off theme, observed across the FX space, remained in play
through today's data-light Asia-Pac session, although it moderated when Chinese
equities opened on the front foot, while the Nikkei 225 returned to positive
territory after a brief foray into the red. The yen eased off of best levels as
a result, but remained relatively firm.
- Sterling was comfortably the worst performer among the G10 currencies, as
Brexit-related uncertainty piled up over the weekend ahead of Tuesday's
meaningful vote, which is widely exp. to result in another defeat for the gov't.
- The Antipodeans edged lower vs. most of their G10 peers, on the back of the
aforementioned risk-off flows. CAD was also relatively weak, despite an uptick
in WTI prices.
- Fed Chair Powell spoke overnight, but offered little new re: MonPol, in a
similar manner to his previous address, made after hours on Friday.
- Focus today turns to German industrial output & trade balance, U.S. retail
sales & Norwegian CPI. Elsewhere, BoE's Haskel, Riksbank Dep Gov Ohlsson & Fed
Chair Powell are due to speak.