Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
FOREX: A stronger than expected Australian labour market report put AUD atop the
G10 table overnight as the employment change beat exp., allowing the
unemployment rate to hold lower, vs. exp. of an uptick. AUD/USD hit a peak of
$0.7282, allowing AUD/NZD to break above NZ$1.0700.
- USD was lower vs. the majors in the main.
- Sterling garnered some strength yesterday after the cabinet signed off PM
May's Brexit deal, but eased back subsequently, as participants realised that
the deal still requires a difficult parliamentary approval with reports of some
Tory MPs intending to move a no-confidence motion.
- No apparent impact from the turmoil around Italy & slowing EZ growth on EUR
today, as these factors are now seemingly priced in.
- Attention turns to UK and U.S. retail sales and plenty of central bank
speeches from Fed, ECB and Riksbank members Thursday.