Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
GILT SUMMARY: After former PM Sir John Major announced that he was launching
legal action to prevent the government from proroguing parliament, the sitting
PM Boris Johnson has argued that such efforts would frustrate his attempts to
renegotiate the Brexit deal with Brussels.
- The Dec-19 gilt future trades at 134.53, down 31 ticks from Thursday's close
and trading near worst levels; L-H: 134.5-134.8.
- Gilts have sold off with yields 1-2bps higher on the day. Cash yields (Last /
1d chg / L..H): 2Y (0.3668% / +1.9bp / 0.359%...0.3715%); 5Y (0.3074% / +1.9bp /
0.3018%...0.313%); 10Y (0.4564% / +2.2bp / 0.4463%...0.4587%); 30Y (0.9917% /
+1.1bp / 0.9683%...0.9921%).
- : 2s10s (7.2bp / 0.1bp / 6.7bp..7.8bp); 2s30s (60.7bp / -0.9bp /
- The short sterling futures strip has steepened: W (trades mixed); R (broadly
flat); G (- 0.5/1.0 ticks); B (- 1.5/2.0 ticks).