Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- IEC's second deadline for candidate submissions closes today at 5pm with a focus on how many ANC members can successfully register for the 20 municipalities that were missed in the first attempt.
- ANC Spox Mabe says the party has been working around the clock to ensure its house is in order this time. Analysts say that low voter turnout (650k less voters than in 2016) at these elections could benefit the DA party
- Ramaphosa hints that the R350 grant will be extended past March 2022 in his address to Cosatu yesterday, saying unemployment is beyond a crisis.
- This comes following pressure from unions and civil rights groups to extend the scheme that was applied to by 9m people, despite the tight fiscal situation
- Rampaphosa calls on unions to step up vaccination efforts among workers in terms of educating and persuading citizens to get vaccinated.
- Also said the right of individuals will be balanced as a number of private companies declare their premises vaccination only spaces. Govt says the vaccine passport is still under consideration
- Zuma, Thales arms deal case back in court today after the trial was postponed earlier this month. Zuma is facing charges of corruption, racketeering and money laundering in connection with the 1999 deal.