June 23, 2022 10:51 GMT
- Bloomberg reports that the ANC are to hold a special executive meeting today.
- Follows the release of the final Zondo Commission report yesterday, which contained serious criticism of the ANC’s oversight during the state capture saga. In response, the party has vowed that all ANC members implicated in the report will face the ANC integrity commission. Ministers implicated in the report have generally left office, although the current national ANC chair Gwede Mantashe has been named specifically.
- A task team led by ANC members Radebe and Lamola are to stage a response to the report, outlining the party’s strategy going forward.
- President Ramaphosa was criticised for not standing up to former President Zuma sooner, with opposition parties also critical of the government’s actions in the lead-up to the release.
- The EFF have claimed that the President pressured the report to cast aspersions on former state security head Arthur Fraser, who has accused the President of covering up a robbery at his farm a few years ago.