Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- Political RiskPolitical Risk
Intelligence on key political and geopolitical events around the world.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Most indices in the Asia-Pac region are higher, following another positive lead from the US where major indices hit record highs. The mood is broadly positive with risk assets supported as the US inches towards a bumper stimulus plan.
- Equity markets in Japan and Australia were the exception, both in minor negative territory at the time of writing following a sharp move higher yesterday. Volumes across Asia-Pac have been thin as head into LNY holidays; several markets are closed today with others closed or having truncated session's tomorrow.
- Higher oil is helping to support the energy sector across markets in Asia, the rally continues with brent now consolidating above $60/bbl.
- In the US equity futures are hovering around neutral levels, holding yesterday's gains.