Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
A narrow re-open for T-Notes, trading around late NY levels, last +0-00+ at 132-13.
- As a reminder, Tsys were rangebound on Tuesday, with T-Notes failing to make a meaningful break below Monday's low despite a couple of attempts, with the contract finishing NY trade just shy of best levels. Cash Tsys were little changed to a touch firmer come the bell, with the wings underperforming, while the 5- to 7-Year sector richened by ~2.0bp.
- Tier 1 news flow was relatively limited, with a light bid seen on the back of softer than expected U.S. housing starts data, allowing T-Notes to tag fresh session highs, ultimately setting an upper boundary for the contract on the day.
- A negative day for equities and some downwards pressure in crude oil (linked to later dispelled chatter of a significant breakthrough in the Iranian talks) also provided bouts of (modest) demand for Tsys.
- Elsewhere, brisk $ IG issuance continued, with participants now focused on Wednesday's 20-Year Tsy auction.
- A quick look at Wednesday's Asia-Pac docket reveals nothing in the way of notable tier 1 risk events. In addition to the aforementioned round of 20-Year Tsy supply, Wednesday's U.S. docket includes the release of the minutes from the latest FOMC decision, which will be supplemented by commentary from Fed's Quarles, Bostic & Bullard.