Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
GBP/USD has added a further 35 pips after rallying Wednesday on the back of rumours that the UK & EU have moved close to clinching a Brexit deal. Cable sits at $1.3528 as we type.
- The recent round of tweets from UK reporters suggested that negotiators are still ironing out some final differences and talks are expected to continue through the night, with a deal due to be announced in the London morning, possibly around 7am.
- Lawmakers from both the UK & EU are prepared to hold emergency sessions to vote the deal through before the year-end. The Telegraph reported that Labour leader Starmer will likely ask his shadow cabinet to back the deal.
- A move through Dec 23 high of $1.3571 would shift bullish focus to Dec 17 high of $1.3624. On the downside, a retreat under Dec 21 low of $1.3188 would open up Dec 11 low of $1.3135.
- With no UK data releases left this week, focus will fall squarely on Brexit/Covid-19 matters.