Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
BCB Governor Campos Neto Comments:
- Brazil recovery at avg of emerging countries
- Brazil has never faced so many inflationary shocks
- Brazil to take Selic rate to wherever needed
- We won't alter plans every time of high CPI data
- There's inertia to brazil inflation expectations
- We'll do what it takes to meet inflation target
- Brazil fiscal backdrop is 'not bad'
- Brazil inflation affected by weather issues
- Brazil needs to `turn the page' of fiscal spending
- Says many dollars haven't returned to Brazil (All BBG)
- Swap rates have fallen with particular relief seen in the front-end of the DI curve as some analysts highlight the mention to not altering course may make 100 bps the most likely outcome at the September 22 meeting. The mention to taking the Selic rate to wherever needed explains the bull steepening move with 10-year swap rates little changed.
- Brazil DI Swaps:
- Jan '22 -24bps at 7.06%
- Jan '23 -17 bps at 8.98%
- Jan '26 -2 bps at 10.28%
- Jan '31 -2 bps at 10.85%