Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Real-time Actionable Insight
Get the latest on Central Bank Policy and FX & FI Markets to help inform both your strategic and tactical decision-making.Free Access
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Cash Tsys have bull flattened as they become increasingly bid ahead of the US coming in, against a backdrop of modestly softer oil and equities flat (S&P E-Minis) to down (Europe).
- 2Y yields are -1.4bps at 0.675%, 5Y at -3.2bps at 1.222%, 10Y at -3.9bps at 1.434% and 30Y at -4.1bps at 1.761%.
- The 2Y has pulled back slightly from yesterday’s highest print since Mar’20 but remains elevated and still above the immediate pre-Omicron high.
- TYH2 futures have rallied 6 ticks over the past hour or so to 130-21+ after a slow start to the day, as they partially reverse the sell-off from the past two days. First support is seen at 130-09 (20-day EMA) and initial resistance at 131-16 (Dec 3 high).
- Today’s data are limited to weekly mortgage apps (0830ET) and then JOLTS for Oct (1000ET), with attention mainly on Friday’s CPI. The Fed is in media blackout ahead of the Dec 15 meeting.
- NY Fed buy-op: Tsy 2.25Y-4.5Y, appr $7.375B (1030ET).
- Further Tsy note issuance with $36B of 10Y (1300ET) before tomorrow’s 30Y. Yesterday’s 3Y auction went smoothly, with the yield stopping just below market expectations.