November 24, 2022 14:00 GMT
BELGIUM NOV BNB BUSINESS SENTIMENT -16.6 (FCST -14.3); OCT -15.5
- Belgian business confidence fell for the seventh consecutive month in November.
- Steep drop-offs in services, manufacturing and trade new orders due to weak demand saw muted production in November. This theme has been echoed across French, Italian and German indexes.
- Yet sentiment is looking less pessimistic going forward. Despite remaining negative, demand forecasts improved marginally for all industries except for services.
- Price movements remained clouded.
- The quarterly BNB credit conditions index signalled a notable tightening, as economic outlooks remain muted and the ECB continued to hike interest rates against a backdrop of soaring eurozone inflation.