Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
AUSSIE BONDS: Bonds went out around lows as markets ignored the latest
trade-based rhetoric from US President Trump, with 3-Year futures trading at
97.880 (-4.5 ticks), with 10-Year futures trading at 97.195 (-7.5 ticks).
- The RBA left its cash rate unchanged at 1.50% as exp. The RBA did not
introduce any language surrounding the recent global trade tensions & noted that
it is of the belief that "the rate of wage growth appears to have troughed". The
RBA now expects the economy to grow at a faster rate than it did in 2017,
dropping the language that economic growth will "be a little above 3.0% for the
next couple of years."
- The decision came after softer than exp. current A/c & retail sales data
earlier in the session.
- The domestic 3-/10-Year yield differential widened by 1.3bp to 71.7bp.
- The AU/US 10-Year spread narrowed to -6.2bp.
- Sellers had been active in the front end of the bill strip, as focus was cast
over funding pressures, although the front end of the strip closed off of