Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
EGB SUMMARY: Bunds opened stronger but have turned weaker, the Dec18 future off
4 ticks at 159.13. Weakness is focused on the short-end of the cash curve, with
Schatz yields up 0.2bps and 10-Yrs largely flat.
- Italian BTPs are stronger with the 2019 budget remaining the focus. Corriere
della Sera cited sources saying that Fin Min Tria wants to keep the deficit
under 1.6% of GDP next year. PM Conte, Tria, and the two deputy PMs are set to
meet on Monday over the budget, according to Corriere.
- 2-Yr BTPs have rallied 12.0bps at 1.8794%, with 10-Yrs in 1.8bps at 1.468%.
- Supply this morning includes Belgium re-opening four OLOs for a total of
between E3.4-3.9bln: 0.20% Oct-23, 0.80% Jun-28, 1.60% Jun-47, and 2.25% Jun-57.
- Euribor futures are flat so far this morning. Reuters sources piece released
late Friday noted that some ECB policymakers wanted Draghi to strike a more
cautious tone on the economy in this week's policy message.
- EMU final August inflation figures out at 0900GMT, no changes expected (2.0%
Y/Y headline, 1.0% core). Focus later this week turns to the EU's informal
leaders' summit in Salzburg on Thursday.