Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
Just a reminder that at 16:30BST/09:30ET, the Treasury Select Committee will begin the Appointment Hearing for new MPC member Dr Catherine Mann. This will follow on from a similar session for Sarah Breeden on her appointment to the FPC.
- Recall that Catherine Mann is not due to start her tenure on the MPC until 1 September, so she will not be eligible to participate in the August MPR forecast round or to vote at the August MPC meeting.
- Her previous role was as the Global Chief Economist at Citibank, who have long held relatively bearish views about both the global and UK economy. However, her direct views on the UK are largely unknown so any comments she gives will be closely watched.
- Dr Mann will replace Gertjan Vlieghe on the MPC as his term expires at the Bank at the end of August.
- There is also another unfilled vacancy on the MPC after Chief Economist Andy Haldane left the Bank at the end of June. There are currently no updates on when his replacement will be named.