Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- Higher year-end inflation forecast likely to hamstring the CBRT in terms of space to ease without destabilising the Lira
- Erdogan has taken his attention off the CBRT in recent weeks to focus on the East Med & Cyprus, but will undoubtedly see his attention return in the next few months
- Sell-side estimates see inflation rising to 18-19% until September/October before moderating into year end
- Failure to deliver cuts by year-end could also see Kavcioglu lose his job if Erdogan comes more forcefully back into the picture
- CBRT GOVERNOR SAYS 'POLICY RATE TO BE ABOVE INFLATION'
- all the right noises from Kavcioglu, but the market has quite a high bar in terms of delivering on the hawkish side as most know Erdogan will not let him raise further, even if inflation dynamics necessitate further tightening