Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Bank Of Spain Market News
The Banco de España has been at the vanguard of the single currency as it was in Madrid, in 1995, when the name of Euro was officially adopted. Its role as a national bank is very focused on analytical and research as most of the Spanish banking system is under the supervision of the ECB. Current governor Pablo Hernández de Cos has been in office since 2018 and has a mandate until 2024 with no possibility of extension. Hernández de Cos is also the president of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision since 2019. Traditionally dovish, he has been a firm defender of adopting a symmetrical inflation target allowing overshooting and that the degree of acceptance for inflation deviations above 2% would be the same when deviations are below.
- Exclusive Insight stories - based on extensive reporting by MNI journalists.
- Exclusive on-the-record interviews with Bank of Spain officials.
- MNI Central bank policy analysis – before and after key meetings. This includes:
- MNI POV (Point of View) – The MNI Market team's view on what the key themes to watch in the decision/press conference/forecasts and possible market reaction.
- MNI Central Bank Data Watch - key economic variables that are important to global markets and percentage movements since the last central bank meeting.
- Market-leading insights into central bank policy, from sell-side note summaries to full meeting previews/reviews for major central banks.
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.