Exclusive interviews with leading policymakers that convey the true policy message that impacts markets.
Reporting on key macro data at the time of release.
Real-time insight on key fixed income and fx markets.
- Emerging MarketsEmerging Markets
Real-time insight of emerging markets in CEMEA, Asia and LatAm region
- MNI ResearchMNI Research
Actionable insight on monetary policy, balance sheet and inflation with focus on global issuance. Analysis on key political risk impacting the global markets.
- About Us
Sign up now for free access to this content.
Please enter your details below and select your areas of interest.
- The focus this week will be on the BanRep meeting and their overnight lending rate decision and statement.
- The majority of analysts are expecting the Colombia central bank to raise rates by 25bps to 2.00%. For reference, rates have been on hold at 1.75% since September 2020.
- Previously, two members of the governing board voted for a rate hike and latest commentary from Governor Taboada explained that gradually lifting interest rates still allows for ample room to maintain an expansionary monetary policy stance.
- Our full preview with analyst views will be published tomorrow.
- Elsewhere, unemployment data will also be released on Thursday.
- In local news, more than 1,600 Colombians working at Monomeros Colombo Venezolanos, an affiliate of Venezuela's PDVSA, asked Colombia President Ivan Duque to support the company to obtain financing and solve its situation, according to a letter dated Sept. 24.