February 01, 2023 21:42 GMT
Central Bank Leaves Benchmark Rate Unchanged At 13.75%
- BRAZIL CENTRAL BANK LEAVES BENCHMARK RATE UNCHANGED AT 13.75% (BBG)
- BRAZIL CENBANK WEIGHS STEADY RATES FOR SUFFICIENTLY LONG PERIOD (BBG)
- Copom Statement here: https://www.bcb.gov.br/en/pressdetail/2463/nota
- Key bit here, emphasising further attention needed when assessing risks relating to the fiscal scenario and longer-term inflation expectations:
- "The current scenario, particularly uncertain on the fiscal side and with inflation expectations drifting away from the inflation target on longer horizons, requires further attention when evaluating risks. The Committee judges that this scenario raises the cost of the disinflation that is needed to reach the targets established by the National Monetary Council. In this scenario, Copom reaffirms its commitment to set monetary policy to meet the targets."